More than material buyers
The lean production systems used by aircraft manufacturers calls for small batch quantities delivered just-in-time so they can reduce their costs and have zero inventory. This conflicts with the material buyers need to buy large quantities in order to obtain the lowest possible price.
At thyssenkrupp Aerospace, we have solved this apparent conflict and guarantee our customers supply security at competitive prices, whether you are a small sub-contractor or a major OEM. We are able to do this because we have combined our unmatched materials experience with our supply chain and digital control tower services to offer what we call Materials as a Service. Intelligently linking our materials distribution business and supply chain services means we can supply what you need, when you need it.
The range of services we offer have been refined and perfected over many years of doing business. They include clear and appealing benefits for our customers:
- Reduced procurement costs
- By aggregating full material demands, we can buy materials more economically. In addition, we can manage suppliers on your behalf, including contract negotiations. These services combine to generate more profits for you.
- Connecting the right people for expert advice
- We are very good at what we do because we have the right people for the right jobs. Whether you need materials, engineering, procurement or supply chain advice, we will always be able to help.
- Availability, reliability and secure supplies
- Our expertise in materials, together with our experience of procurement, supply chain management and digital control tower services, means you can rely on us to deliver and guarantee supply security.
- Digital system for stock transparency
- We can take care of your demand management and model demand item-by-item. We also manage your inventory, including real-time monitoring, how it compares to your forecast demands, and what is on order with suppliers. This ensures transparency, cost-efficient inventory levels, and that stock coverage is constantly available.
Different customers have different needs. We offer a menu of services that can be customized the way you want them. These include:
a global footprint, with a local presence in over 40 locations and 20 countries
reduced risk and total cost of ownership for our customers
a global and consistent quality management system
services with sustainability at their core
a Materials as a Service strategy that delivers end-to-end procurement, processing and supply chain services.